Makes: 18 Popovers.
6 large russet potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 medium white onion, finely diced
3 scallions or green onions, sliced finely
1 teaspoon cayenne powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Put into a large pot of salted water and boil until cooked, about 30 minutes.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, saute the onion in butter till translucent and golden brown.
3. When fully cooked, drain the potatoes well and return to the pot. Let the potatoes cool slightly and allow all moisture to evaporate.
4. Using a fork or potato masher, mash the potatoes roughly. (We refer them to still have small chunks remaining.
5. In a bowl, mix the sour cream, onions, cheese, scallions, and cayenne. Pour this mixture over the potatoes and mix to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
At this point, you can refrigerate the mixture overnight or until you are ready to bake.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins thoroughly with butter.
7. Spoon the potato mixture into the muffin tins. Do not pack the mixture.
8. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until golden brown and hot though.
Post a Comment